Sorry peeps, this CV needs updating :-/
Out of date since 2015 - been busy working on cool stuff.
For the most update info please take a look at my linkedin profile.
My apologies for the inconvenience.
“I'm a UI/UX designer specialising in user-centred, web- and application design.
Combining several years of experience in traditional graphic design with a focus on user experience- and interface design.
Translating complex problems into easy-to-use online solutions with art direction complemented by a strategic and analytical design approach.
I have an extensive background in Front-end development where my focus was on crafting
durable, maintainable and efficient front-end code that integrated the following principles:
Web standards, Web accessibility, Dutch Web Guidelines, WAI-ARIA, cross-browser compatibility, cross-platform and cross-device functionality.
This positions me perfectly to create designs that just work.
Specialities: UI design & fostering a spirit of collaboration.
HTML, & Dreamweaver2005
GOC: Kenniscentrum voor onderwijs in de grafimediabranche
NT2, Dutch as a Second Language1994 – 1996
HND Art & Design, Design & Communication1988 – 1990
North Wales Institute of Art & Design
ND General Art & design, Graphic Design1986 – 1988
Amersham College of Art
- User Experience
- User Interface Design
- Web Design
- Web Standards
- HTML 5
- Advanced CSS
- Cross-browser Compatibility
- Responsive layout
- Progressive enhancement
- User Experience Design
- Mobile Design
- Logo Design
- Corporate Identity
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Multivariate Testing
- Sublime text
- IntelliJ / PhpStorm
- Scrum / Kanban
- Lean UX
- Micro formats
- Rich Snippets
- Agile front-end development
- Cross-team tooling & workflow improvements
- Visual design & UX refinements
- Frontend implementation of corporate rebranding in numerous systems
- Shared front-end for cross-team architectural consistency
- Restructuring CDN facilitating improved cross-system asset sharing
- Maintaining and refining eBay's dutch classified sites marktplaats.nl and other related products.
- Facilitate the transition to an overarching omni-channel front-end solution
- Responsible for workflow improvements & front-end best practices
- Front-end templating
- Lean UX
- Design and front-end development for a diverse array of websites, intranets, CMS & complex information systems, including mobile-friendly & tablet versions
- Lead a team of web designers and front-end developers
- Responsible for the assessment & implementation of new front-end techniques and technologies.
- Visual & interface design
- Front-end templating
- Concept development
- User Experience design: Interaction design › Usability › Accessibility
Kema, Dutch Ministry of Home Affairs, Dutch Green Building Council, TU Delft, Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Co-operation, Bureau ICE.
- Design and realisation from concept to completion
- Corporate identity and branding
- Retail promotion and advertising
- Web design and templating
- Adviser for print production techniques
Dutch National Trust, Dutch National Health Agency, Dutch Police Force (The Hague District), Agency for Social Advice, (Dutch government advice organisation), Adformatie, Tacx, Emi-virgin, Akzo nobel.
- Design and dtp of an extremely diverse array of retail and promotional products from the concept to completion.